Christmas guacamole!

Recipes
7 Comments

harvest more slices
avacados avocado
It’s the middle of winter and there is lots of produce in my parents’ Florida garden. Three avocados fell from the tree today and I made a delicious guacamole. My recipe: avocado, garlic, lime, and a little salt. Add chips and beer!

• That looks fab.the pictures from sunny Florida and Avocado from the garden! Great to have parents down in Florida and how very nice to spend Christmas in the sun. I am jealous 🙂

• Oh Tyra. I am afraid you are not getting much sun up in Sweden these days! But your greenhouse and plants are beautiful as always.

I had a wonderful time in Florida, but I am glad to be back at home.

• Oh, YUM! I would kill to be able to grow avocados. I’ve never had a really, really fresh one.

• My parents say that every avocado that falls from their trees has its own flavor. Each a little different. It depends on how ripe they are when they fall and how long they sit on the counter to ripen. They are all delicious! It is paradise – to walk out in the morning and find one or two enormous avocados lying on the lawn. My dad calls it manna from heaven.

• You just gave me the urge to make guacamole.. and I’ve only just got up and have to go to work now! Looks wonderful, thanks for inspiring me.

• Lovely photos. I love avocados and these look scrumptious. We also do them cut (with skin) into quarters, drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs and herbs and grilled for a few minutes.

• I also love grilled avocado, though I have never made them at home. They are a treat I have only had out at a restaurant.