I worked a few hours in my community garden plot today. It is SO dry. The soil is dust and most plants are wilted. I haven’t had time to water more than once a week and some of the plants just barely grow on that amount of water, even though I water very deep when I do go.
– cut down potatoes (after two weeks I will start digging them)
– pull onions that were ready (falling over)
– pick tomatoes, beans, and acorn squash
– clean up rhubarb by removing dried out leaves
– count the butternut squashes on the arbor vines (10! if they all mature)
– water everything well (except the cut down potatoes)