I thought I was going to just ” plant potatoes” in my community plot today, but lots of other things needed to be done. The potatoes can go in later in the week (I hope).
This is what I did:
– cleaned salt marsh hay mulch off asparagus bed and then top dressed with an inch of compost
– cleared salt hay mulch off of rhubarb and added an inch of compost
– cleared old growth from perennial flowers
– disposed of old garden materials in dumpster we have on site this month
– cleared the new potato beds and started bringing in some compost
I didn’t finish bringing enough compost to plant the potato beds. With rain coming tomorrow, I’ll probably wait a few days to plant…