We had a fantastic spring Work Day at the Belmont Victory Gardens yesterday!
We must have have well over 100 gardeners shown up. All of us ready for garden work after a long winter. Ready to rake, dig and join with our old friends in the beautiful start of another season.
Once again, Bob kept my camera in action and took photos of the event. I love how good he is at photographing smiles.
Things we accomplished:
– The area in front of the new plats was cleared of rocks and debris and leveled so it can be mowed this summer.
– We designed, purchased supplies, and installed corner posts for a new set of staged compost bins.
– Two areas where garden debris has been piled in previous years were cleared to expose the layer of rich compost so gardeners can take it to their gardens.
– Two new plots were added and cleared, one by the meadow, one at the back.
– A big area of debris and dense raspberries was cleared between the plots and the meadow.
Thanks to all who helped!!
(PS. Here is a slide show of the photos : link)