– Thanks to Botanical Interests for providing fantastic seeds for the gardeners. These were definitely a hit.
– Things gardeners brought and swapped included bean and carrot seeds, and raspberry divisions.
– The swappers toured the garden paths in the drizzle – an area of over 1 acre with about 120 active plots.
– We ate 2 loaves of my pumpkin bread.
The topic of discussion was – gardening. This included:
– Gretta had lots of Late Blight advice. I’ll put this in a separate post.
– Improving local food availability: Gretta would like to see a local grain and dried bean CSA and is looking for land. In our area, we now have a number of vegetable and meat farms, but no grains are local. This would require not only land and farmers, but a mill.
– How to improve communication at the community garden. We haven’t been very successful with our Yahoo b-board. We’re thinking of trying a blog/Facebook format. Plus a Scout will soon construct a non-virtual bulletin board for us.