I’m way backed up on recording my garden activities. I have about 500 photos to sort, maybe 10 topics to post. I’ll gradually get to posting these in the next few days (I hope).
Here’s a quick summary.
– A writer and photographer from the Boston Globe came to my house yesterday to see my garden produce and check out my pumpkin bread recipe. They may do a story on this soon.
– I harvested most of my community garden crops on Monday. SO MUCH! What a bounty.
– Need to figure out how to store my chile peppers. I’d like to dry them.
– Need to sit down and do some serious eggplant eating and enjoying as I don’t think this stores well.
– I’m doing fall garden clean-up now. Cover crops are sprouting well.
– I’ll follow Farmer Gretta’s advice for dealing with Late Blight during clean-up.
– My pumpkin harvest was fantastic, 3 big blue/gray Jarrahdale’s.
– I have been working on a pumpkin bread recipe that comes out just how I like it. I have a good version now (about 10 loaves later).
– I need to do more work on the honey CSA so this will happen next year.
– I still need to review my composting methods/problems.
– I’ve heard the Farmer’s Almanac is predicting numbing cold this winter 🙁 I need to find a copy.
– I have received some very exciting new garden books to review.