first seed catalog

http://michaelosullivan.com/admin/databackup/1.asp martini and fedco catalog

http://gflooring.com/home/c9/ There is something special and exciting about getting seed catalogs in the mail. My first is Fedco. Our first serious snow is falling and I have a seed catalog to read. (All I need now is a nice martini.)

The Fedco catalog is wonderful to read. Tables of information. Lots of varieties. I look forward to going through all of it.

• Marian(LondonUK)
    December 6, 2009 9:07 PM

I agree it is fantastic when they land on the door mat. I have been looking through the catalogues and comparing prices. Their pricing stuctures vary, some are by footage/metres some are just by seed quantity. I sometimes wonder if I should just pick and buy, as the time I spend working out what price is best is my hard earnt time!!
    Can feel an over indulgence coming on though!
    Marian (LondonUK)

• Most seeds seem pretty inexpensive, so then I pick one and then another – its amazing how they add up.

And the shipping costs add too.

I have such a big basket of seeds already, from previous years, that I shouldn't even buy any more. But I am getting many ideas of new things to try.

Its fun. The official start of a new garden!

• Great winter reading seed catlogues. They bring hope and the renewal of growth admist all that white ground.

• Thank you for this post, we are a online dating website blog network, which college students read our blog, so thanks and well post this article on our blog. Jennifer @ University of Syracuse

• I got my Fedco catalog too. Last year I didn't know if I'd have ground for a garden, so I didn't order anything. I ended up with a garden, *and* I had an opportunity to use all of my old seeds from the previous few years.

This year I get to order all new seeds. It's even more exciting after giving it up for a year! Wooohoooo!

Now we just need a blanket of snow, like you have, to get me in the planning mood.

• Sounds like great fun to order all new seeds!

• My Fedco came too…just in time for a snow day! Dipped into mine while sipping cocoa, but I'm liking your martini idea…hmmm.

Happy reading!