– I picked 4 ears of BEAUTIFUL popcorn. I am so happy with these!!!
– I have harvested 2 little pumpkins and 3 big butternut squash so far.
– My two giant pumpkins both look bigger than the 11 pounder I grew last year. They are just starting to show a little orange.
– My flowers are brightening up the garden very nicely now: big purple zinnias, an ornamental bean (I have forgotten the name) and bright marigolds.
– Lots of eggplant!
– Time to make pesto ASAP.
– And time to make tomato sauce. Vines are very heavy with fruits!
Not so good news
– Several savoy cabbages have rotten before ripening. Maybe a stem problem. I had too many anyway, but wish I knew what it was.
– Powdery mildew is quickly killing the squashes and pumpkin vines.
– A few worms in the tips of some of the popcorn ears, but I just cut the tips off.
– The squirrel have found my Sungold cherry tomatoes. He’s small – plenty to share.
– My tomato vines are starting to break where they have looped over the top rail and started to grow hanging town.