a pea sprout!

Starting Seeds
7 Comments

pea sprout
Definitely a cause for celebration! I found a little green pea sprout out in the rain today. A Sugar Spring snap pea. Yippee! Not much to look at yet.

These were planted on March 18th (17 days ago).

• Funny to see that your first snow peas are emerging. Mine are long gone…

• congrats! I WAS INUNDATED with rain last night, and today, 68 degrees, the radishes are beggining to sprout. also, th eminute flowered cherry trees are blooming.whats blooming near you?

• Natick MA
    I noticed some spinach sprouts today that I also planted on March 18. Maybe we are turning the corner. Indeed a reason to celebrate!

• I planted peas indoors and they sprouted very quickly. I grew them for the sole purpose of eating pea shoots, so I’ve already harvested some.

• What a great idea – to plant peas just to eat the sprouts!. I am making a special point this year to plant enough seeds to eat lots of tendrils! I bet the shouts are even sweeter.

• hi Arthur, Turning the corner into spring! As I look up into the trees, which are ALMOST starting to leaf, it seems sooo close. Soon it will be a green warm hot humid summer. The anticipation is probably the best time of year.

– spinach sprouts sound good. I have a package of spinach seeds to go in tomorrow. I’ve never grown spinach, but we do eat it often.

• hi Alec, I’ll have to go out with my camera soon to show what’s blooming here. I LOVE your daffodil photo on your blog. Here we have a few daffodils just opening today. And I think maybe the quince down the road will bloom very soon. The silver and swamp maples have frilly red blossoms this week. No cherries yet. But soon…