cold, white garden

snowy fence
garden2 garden1

• I was hoping that you’d post some photos of our snowfall. Thanks!

• Beautiful photos of the snow! Looks like a serious snowfall. I’m on the other side of the world now but lived in Boston in 1985 for one year. My memories funnily enough are of summer and spring. I almost forget how cold it gets in Boston, how serious the snow is. Still you make it look beautiful.

• Patrick - Bifurcated Carrots
    December 5, 2007 4:50 PM

Those are really nice pictures. I’ve also lived in the Boston area for a short time, and these pictures really bring back memories of the snow then. Here in Amsterdam it’s just raining.

• Beautifull pictures! Here it never snows, so I have no idea of what it feels like to see our beloved garden all covered in white.

• Does Skippy catch snowballs?

• The snow was very beautiful for a few hours last night. I took the pictures just as the snow was ending. There was no wind and the snow was sticking to everything. On my walk, I passed others out with cameras too. Very pretty.

Skippy had fun chasing kids on sleds during our walk. He also likes to eat and roll in the snow. He loves to catch snowballs, but I’m a boring old lady and I don’t throw them. Skippy and my 15-year-old son have a great time in the snow.

Anyway, that was last evening. Pretty snow is short-lived. Its very icy now. And generally a nuisance.

Its funny as you mention a beloved garden covered in snow. It does make it seem very long ago and far away – and sad. The warmth of summer and the green of a garden are very precious. But maybe the seasons of the North add to this sense of the treasure of the growing season? Now is a time for imagining and planning the new year – anything to stay inside!

• Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Orchid Care

• What a winter wonderland.

• What a winter! Its rare that we have snow in December. I planned to have crops growing past now… Oh well.